Did you know third grade students complete more testing than any other elementary grade? Students in grades K-3 are required to complete literacy screeners, and those in grades 3-8 must complete the LEAP 2025 Assessment. Our teachers have been working hard all year to prepare students for the assessments. Recently we began what we call LEAP Blitz. Currently, teachers are taking time to review the types of test items students may encounter as well as the tools available within the testing program. With just two months left before students begin end-of-the-year testing, now is a great time to share how you can assist with preparing your students for testing.
- Make sure students are practicing reading each night.
- Review Rainbow Words with students to help build vocabulary and fluency.
- Visit https://www.louisianabelieves.com/resources/library/literacy-library/families-literacy-library for family literacy activities.
3-8 LEAP Practice
The table below lists login information for the practice test sessions. You can access the practice tests by clicking the following link. The password for all content areas, grades, and courses is teach2025.
8 Ways to Decrease Test Anxiety
- Talk to your student(s) and allow them to express what subjects they may be worried about.
- Explain the test is meant to determine how much they have learned, which helps teachers determine how to support students.
- Utilize the practice tests to build familiarity.
- Make sure your student(s) arrive on time each day.
- Reach out to the teacher(s) for ways to support them at home.
- Begin decreasing screen time so students get a good night’s rest.
- Make sure your student(s) have breakfast or arrive at school on time to receive breakfast.
- Make sure your student(s) arrive on time when their grade level is testing.
Spring testing begins in April.
K-3 iSTEEP testing will begin on April 3
6-8 LEAP 2025 Testing April 24-28
3-5 LEAP 2025 Testing May 1-5