We are excited to welcome Mr. Mark Perry as our new Assistant Principal of Lower School at Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish.
Mr. Perry is an experienced educator and innovative academic leader with more than 30 years of experience in the academic landscape. Perry states, “My education vision is to provide opportunities for all students to achieve academic excellence and to provide a high-quality teaching and learning environment that assures all
Mr. Perry earned his bachelor’s degree in computer science management with a certification in educational leadership from Grambling State University and his master’s degree in education from Xavier University. He holds multiple certifications in computer literacy, elementary education, and reading.
Mr. Perry comes to Athlos Academy from the Lafayette Academy Middle School where he was a computer technology teacher. Prior to this, he was the principal of Helen Cox High School in the Jefferson Parish Public School system for seven years.
His numerous professional accomplishments and memberships include:
- Louisiana State Principal of The Year Semi-Finalist and the Jefferson Parish School System Principal of the Year in 2017.
- New Orleans Public School System Teacher of The Year 2001-2002
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Delta Pi Tulane Chapter (International Honor Society in Education)
- Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers (2001,2004, and 2005)
- Boys Town of New Orleans Volunteer
- New Orleans Mission Volunteer
- NASSP (National Association of Secondary Principals)
- LRA (Louisiana Reading Association)
- NRA (National Reading Association)
- NCTM (National Council of Teacher Mathematics)
- CSTA (Computer Science Teacher Association)
- LAP (Louisiana Association of Principals)
Mr. Perry started his position the week of October 26. Please join in welcoming him to the Athlos family!