Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish seeks members to join their Exceptional Student Advisory Council.
There are five positions open:
- Two (2) notable education stakeholders
- Two (2) parents/guardians of a student with exceptionalities
- One (1) teacher, administrator, or paraprofessional currently working at Athlos JP
Role of the council:
The council members will:
Meet monthly to give advice and suggestions about specific education policies, procedures, and resources.
Engage in outreach activities to inform and involve the community about special education matters.
Members are being sought from three primary groups:
- Parents or legal guardians of students with disabilities enrolled at AAJP.
- Special Education Stakeholders which include:
- Adults with Disabilities
- Members of organizations that serve students with disabilities
- Employers of students with disabilities.
- Staff from AAJP, which includes teachers, paraprofessionals, or administrators.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals can apply by:
Completing an online application: Online Application Form via https://forms.gle/9N47RUzt71sFCQU66
If anyone requires a paper application or other accommodations, they can contact the Exceptional Children’s Services Team through:
Application Deadline: November 13, 2023
Notification Date for Selected Candidates: November 20, 2023