We love seeing scholars back on campus! As families adjust to new routines, please re-establish your morning and evening routines so that students arrive by 7:40 a.m. ready to learn.
A few reminders and announcements:
- Laptops and Chargers
- Please return laptops and chargers, especially those in kindergarten, first and second grades.
- Friday, October 22, No School
- Teachers will be in Professional Development.
- Wednesday, October 27 Dress Down for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Students who would like to wear pink and dress down may bring $1 to school for breast cancer awareness. The funds will go to Cancer Association of Greater New Orleans – Serving the greater New Orleans area since 1958 (cagno.org). This is part of our SERVE model at Athlos where students have a chance to think about others in their community through volunteering and service to others.
- Thursday, October 28, 5-6:30 p.m. Coffee & Chat
- Parents are invited to tour the school, meet staff, and learn about instructional updates.
- Friday, October 29. Back to School Bash for Students and Halloween Costume Day
- The Culture and PBIS Committees are planning a fun day for students that will also include social emotional wellness. Funds from the Utah sister school will be used to rent inflatables.
- Halloween Costumes will be allowed. Please follow these guidelines:
- Face paint is NOT allowed (this is a correction to earlier information)
- Masks are not allowed (unless they are face coverings for COVID)
- Must adhere to school policy for respectful dress
- No weapons or weapon facsimiles allowed
- Official School Calendar
- The updated calendar is on the website. New Official School Calendar Update – Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish (athlosjp.org)
Please contact us below if you have any questions.
Cheryl Martin, Principal of Lower School K-4, email@example.com
Dr. Jordan Sanchez, Principal of Upper School 5-8, firstname.lastname@example.org